Free Applique- St Patrick's Day Serviettes

St Patrick's Day will soon be here (March 17) so how are your preparations going? This year I'm having a few girlfriends over for morning tea/lunch. As far as decorating goes, I already have the Connemarra Shamrocks tablecloth and Shamrock bunting from the first issue of my ezine, so to compliment these projects, I have designed two little free appliques for you to use on serviettes or tea towels etc, the shamrock and a leprechauns hat:
I purchased some white damask serviettes and set about prettying them up, quickly and simply.
Firstly using one your machines decorative stitches sew around the serviette (1" from the outside edge) in dark green cotton; I used white cotton in the bobbin to disguise the threads from the wrong side:
Sew a straight line 1/4" from the decorative stitch on the right side. For the applique, download the design sheet from HERE and the trace designs onto a piece of vliesofix (or equivalent) and fuse to the wrong side of your chosen fabrics with a hot iron. Cut around the shapes and position on your serviette. When you are happy with their placement, remove the backing paper and fuse to serviette with a hot iron. Applique as desired:
I have machine appliqued around my designs but you could also hand applique using blanket stitch and two strands of embroidery thread. For some tips on machine applique go to my tutorial  HERE.
Make as many as you need; mix and match both of the designs or just chose your favorite.
There are so many wonderful decorating ideas and recipes on Pinterest for St Patrick's Day. I loved this idea:
A centre piece of flowers using a cabbage (original source HERE) and as I love Subway Art, I downloaded one for the table (original source HERE) and framed it.
Of course, for my contribution to our morning tea/lunch,  I will be serving the Mini Ombre Cake Stacks from my ezine:
And I'm going to try an Irish Soda Bread (recipe HERE) and some Lucky Spinach Quiches (recipe found HERE).
For more decorating ideas and recipes for St Patrick's Day, follow me on Pinterest and have a look at my boards, HERE.
Happy St Patrick's Day everyone!!!
"May your blessings outnumber the shamrocks that grow, and may trouble avoid you wherever you go"- Irish Blessing.

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊