Fairground

I'm thrilled to release my latest quilt design Fairground. This quilt has take me forever to complete, due to other commitments but every step has been so worth it; I love the finished quilt:
Every October, the annual show/fair comes to town and as a child, for me it came with great excitement. It was our opportunity to experience country life; a chance to get up close and personal with farm animals and farming equipment, watch the wood chopping and equestrian events and to see firsthand the lovely handcrafts and home baked goodies that were so loving displayed.
Nowadays, the show is very commercial  and it's all about the rides, the showbags and very little about the true essence of "bringing the country to the city". It's more about entertaining the kids than educating them.
Nostalgic me, remembers the smell of the animals as you entered the gate, the funny sensation of fairy floss on your tongue, the feel of fleece on a new baby lamb and the sound of a stand full of pretty pinwheels, in all shapes, sizes and colours, blowing in the breeze:
Every year, one of these pinwheels came home with me (and a cu-pie doll on a stick) and it was my most valued possession :)
Fairground is a tribute to those stands of pinwheels and includes the large pinwheel block, which does use templates but is easily pieced and the pattern includes some tips to help plus the smaller pinwheels which are used as cornerstones and in each corner of the outside border. Its all teamed with some lovely sashings and checkerboard borders:
I attempted a floral motif FMQ technique for my Fairground quilt and I'm thrilled with the results. It took a little while to get the hang of it but I'm so glad I persevered, the texture is lovely.
Fairground is a generous 70" x 94" quilt and is available in my store now, either as a PDF file or as a paper pattern and you can go HERE to purchase your copy or you can ask your local quilt shop to order it in for you.
Fairground is designed to be a scrappy style quilt and is suitable for fat quarters/fat eighths or equivalent, and is teamed with some lovely crisp white homespun.
I hope you enjoy making this quilt as much as I loved designing it :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊