Threadbare Ezine- Issue Three

It's time to release my third Threadbare ezine (June and July) and once again, I would like to thank everyone for the amazing support of my ezines. I love putting them together and I really try to keep the projects quick and easy and useful in our every day lives.

This issue became a bit of a "bumper issue" with 11 projects, including a single bed size (or large throw) quilt, 6 recipes, some lovely printables and hopefully, heaps of inspiration.
As my little business turns eight in July the first section is devoted to Birthdays:

There's a lovely party set which includes an appliqued table runner, matching placemat and chair mat and some pretty balloon bunting to help you decorate for those important birthdays.
I think they will suit either gender and any age and I know my set will get used quite a lot of the coming years for our family birthday parties (first time will be this Wednesday when my husband turns 50!!!).
There are also some lovely cupcake toppers (shown in the first photo) and some pretty gift tags for you to print and attach to your gifts. I've also included my basic recipes for both cupcakes and a butter cake which I use for decorating all our birthday cakes. Both recipes are easy to adapt with flavoring or colouring, depending on your needs.
The second section is Tax Time and or though its not a cause to celebrate, its an opportunity for us to look at our financial goals for the coming year, plan for holidays or renovations and a time to clear out our desk/office and pretty up our surroundings so we feel inspired while working:
There are two journal covers in this section; a large cover with a pretty hat block and a small cover with a teacup and saucer. There's also a lovely mug rug to spruce up your desk. I've included a printable planner to help you stay organised.  You can either print copies and glue them into a large journal or laminate one and use a water erasable pen to record your information.
I had originally planned on including some healthy snacks to have at your desk but as I tend to spend hours writing patterns (and ezines) and prefer something sweet to nibble on, I have included two recipes; Apricot Balls and Candied Nuts (OK,so they aren't chocolate but they are sweet and yummy and almost healthy!!)
The third section is Winter Solstice and again, maybe not much to celebrate, especially on those cold wet mornings when you have to brave the weather for school run but there is a beauty to this time of year and family time is more prevalent as we stay indoors and congregate where its warm and cosy:
The projects in this section are the "Starry Nights" quilt and a matching hot water bottle cover to keep you warm and toasty.
One of the beauties of winter is the comfort food: slow cooked meals, hearty soups and casseroles and then there's the ultimate comfort food....my Golden Syrup pudding:
Many years ago, I had lunch with a few girlfriends at a gorgeous country pub and we had this for dessert. The chef was so kind and shared his recipe with us. I've shared this recipe with so many people and everyone loves it and I can assure you, its devine!!!! Smothering it in cream is mandatory, trust me ;)
The last section is Bastille Day and who doesn't love everything French? Whether your planning an afternoon tea with family and friends or you just want to add a little Parisian flair to your decorating, these two projects will suffice:
A Paris inspired cushion and a lovely little framed appliqued silhouette of the Eiffel Tower. There's also a Paris themed subway art, ready to print and frame as part of your decorating.
When you think of Paris, you think of all the lovely gateaux's and pastries but I've chosen to include a French Inspired Carrot Cake which would be perfect for an afternoon tea.
So that's the third ezine and its all jam packed into 45 pages. I hope you enjoy this issue as much as I have enjoyed putting it all together.
The ezine is available as a PDF file only (6.24MB), in my shop for $5.95 and you can go HERE to purchase your copy. I have to physically email each purchase due to how my shop is set up so I do appreciate everyone's patience and theres usually only a small delay between purchase and it arriving in your inbox, unless of course, due to time differences I'm away from the computer and then it will be sent to you ASAP :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊