Asteria

After lots of sneaky peeks, I am thrilled to finally introduce my new quilt design, Asteria:
I really love this quilt; its so pretty and the "Primrose Sands" fabrics by Helen Stubbings made working on this quilt such a pleasure.  I fell in love with these fabrics as soon as I saw them on Instagram and when Helen so kindly offered some for me to play with, I really wanted to design a quilt that showcased just how beautiful they were; I think I achieved my goal :)
In Greek Mythology, Asteria was the Goddess of the oracles and prophecies of night; prophetic dreams, the reading of the stars and necromancy. It was believed that she was pursued by the God, Zeus and to escape his embrace, she transformed into a quail and then threw herself into the ocean, metamorphosing into the island "Asteria" (an island which had fallen from heaven like a star); which was later named Delos. I think the name Asteria, suits this quilt perfectly and I can imagine having wonderful dreams, snuggled up under a quilt full of stars :)
Here's a close up of the quilting:
I do love these free motion flowers, they give the quilt a lovely texture. I found the tutorial for this FMQ design at The Inbox Jaunt ( if your looking for new techniques to try on your domestic machine, go and have a look, she has some wonderful, easy tutorials).
Asteria is a very generous size, approx. 64" x 88" so it would be perfect as a single bed quilt or as a lovely throw quilt to share with a loved one :)
Photo shoots are always fun to do (although Maddi tends to take more pictures of me than the actual quilt) and we chose the City Park as our location for this shoot. There's very little "prettiness" around this time of year but Asteria seemed to brighten the day of other park goers, as they stopped to chat, ask questions and admire the quilt, while we took photos :)
Asteria is available now to purchase, in my shop HERE, as a PDF file ($8.95 AU) and as a paper pattern ($9.95 AU plus postage).
I hope you love this quilt as much as I do :) It is a lovely addition to my pattern range :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊