Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 15

This weeks block is the traditional Bear's Paw block. There is a theory that this block represented escaping slaves who needed to follow the bear tracks to find water or shelter. It is a classic block and you will find one in most sampler quilts. Its another of my absolute favorites and I think it will make a lovely addition to our quilts.
I chose to use two colours for the "paws" but consider using only one colour, or reversing the combination and having the "paws" white and the background dark. Have a play around with combinations and make your block shine.
To download this weeks block, just visit HERE.
I hope you enjoy this one. Happy sewing!

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊