Easter PINspiration

Pinterest can either be a huge time waster or a great distraction, which ever way you look at it, but it never fails to deliver endless inspiration and motivation. With Easter approaching, I was looking for a few "special" things to help us decorate and celebrate. Of course Pinterest offered more than I have time to make but I thought I would share the projects that I was inspired to create.
First up, I found some lovely painted canvas art (HERE), and it inspired me to make my own sweet framed bunny silhouette:
I always try and use what supplies I have in the studio, so I drafted the bunny silhouette, made a little pom pom for his tail, added some washi tape bunting and then framed it (minus the glass).  It fits in perfectly with my pastel theme for Easter and I think its quite sweet.
I also loved this Easter Egg Art (HERE) and in her tutorial she uses scrapbook paper to construct the egg but I decided to use strips of ribbon:
It's sweet and simple and I love the sheen of the ribbon instead of the matte effect from the paper :) Both of these projects inspired me to create some Easter gift tags, using the same princples:
These will be perfect to attach to our Easter gifts this year and once I had drafted the tag, it was just a matter of cutting, gluing and adding some bakers twine, for tying them to the gifts, and they were complete.
I have a PDF file with the templates etc. that I used for these four projects, so if you would like to use them too, just visit HERE to download and print.
I was also looking for some Easter bunting and there was definitely too many gorgeous ones to chose from but I really loved the simplicity of this one (HERE);
The original is made using pages from a book, but I didn't have a book I was willing to rip up, and I don't think hubby would have appreciated me attacking his book collection either, so I used some scrapbooking paper and I think it worked perfectly. I love the effect of the 3D eggs and it was a fun project to make.
Lastly, I found these little cuties and knew I had to make them for my nieces:
Aren't they adorable? This is a free pattern, which you can find HERE and they are supposed to be fridge magnets but I decided to make them into little brooches. Maddi and her best friend, claimed these ones to pin to their work lanyards, so I will have to remake some for my nieces....lucky they are fun to crochet :)
This of course is just a small snippet of what I actually pinned to my Easter board but it shows how easily you can use somebody's wonderful tutorials or free patterns and interpret them to suit your own needs, using the materials you already have on hand.
There are more wonderful ideas on my Pinterest Easter Board HERE or grab a coffee and enjoy a leisurely look at Pinterest yourself . I hope you find some Easter PINspiration too :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊