Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 25

This weeks super sweet block is the Nine Patch Churn Dash. I adore the simplicity of this block and in this particular version I chose to reverse the colours of the Churn Dash to frame the centre nine patch and I'm so happy with the effect.
Historically, the Churn Dash was one of the first blocks young girls would learn to piece as it contained only a few elements. The perimeter of the block resembles the butter churn and the centre square represents the "stick" or "dash" of the churn.
This block has many variations and a multitude of names and I hope you have lots of fun with it :)
To download this weeks free block, just visit HERE.
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊