Apple and Blackberry Crumble Tarts

Winter is not my favorite season but you can't live a positive life with a negative mind. I have to embrace all that this cold, wet, miserable season has to offer. On the top of my list is winter desserts - not fancy complicated works of art but simple, rustic, soul warming cooking :)
I love those "warm the cockles of your heart" syrupy puddings, jam roly poly's, baked custards, dumplings and my very quick and easy Apple and Blackberry Crumble Tarts:


The tarts are loaded with those wonderful classic flavours easily achieved using staples from your pantry. There's no need to be fancy as the tarts are free forming, and I find the rustic look more appealing and warming to the soul - just like nan used to make.


Blackberries are my antioxidant of choice at the moment but these work wonderfully with raspberries or blueberries or any combination of your choice - grab whatever you have in your freezer and get baking. The pastry is beautiful and short and hidden beneath the fruit filling is a delicious nutty crumble which you are sure to love ♥


These little tarts are wonderful served warm with a sprinkling of icing sugar, ice cream and whipped cream or custard but they are just as nice cold for morning and afternoon tea.
If you would like to give these yummy tarts a try, download the recipe by simply clicking the link or right click on the photo and save to your computer for later.



I hope you enjoy these Apple and Blackberry Crumble Tarts and that they "warm the cockles" of yours and your families hearts during winter :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊