Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 32


This weeks lovely block is Dutchman's Puzzle. This block is an old favorite which has been used since the late 1800's and is said to be reminiscent of the famous Dutch windmills.
It is constructed using simple flying geese units and I love the implied movement of the rectangles. There are a few variations of this block:
By simply changing the colour placements, you can change the overall look of the block. You obtain a lovely secondary block when you set these as an all over design but I feel the Dutchman's Puzzle is pretty enough to stand alone in our sampler quilts and shine.
To download this weeks free pattern, just visit HERE.
I hope you enjoy sewing this weeks block. I look forward to seeing your interpretations :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊