Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 38

This weeks sweet little block is Tulip Tile. It is so easy to find quilting inspiration in architecture and tiles are a great source of design. Can you imagine this as a feature tile in a floor or on a kitchen wall? Wouldn't it be pretty?
The tulip is simply pieced and the checkerboard border is strip pieced and cross cut to save time, which also makes it a little easier when working with such small pieces.
I hope you enjoy sewing this weeks block. To download the free pattern, just visit HERE.

Tips for strip piecing and cross cutting:

To strip piece, you will require strips cut across the fabric width and then sewn together along the long sides. To keep everything even and to not distort or get a wave in the strip, I cut them into 3-4 shorter lengths and then sew and cross cut. You do waste a little fabric this way but the end result is a lot better and more accurate.
When cross cutting the strip, use the centre seam, to square everything up, which ensures more accurate cutting.

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊