Lemon and Chia Seed Cake

Lemons are abundant and quite inexpensive at the moment which is great as we use heaps in our cooking and baking.  This humble fruit packs a wonderful flavour punch, and boasts some super powerful health benefits including strengthening our immune systems.
Today I thought I would share with you my favorite Lemon and Chia Seed Cake recipe. Its super easy and very, very delicious:


This is a beautiful moist cake and it's perfect for that morning or afternoon treat on a cold winter's day. It definitely delivers that lovely lemon punch, and you also get that slightly nutty flavour from those wonderfully textured chia seeds. You could substitute the chia seeds for poppy seeds if you prefer - I think either would work well in this cake.


I love it because its quick and easy to make using some basic ingredients, and it stores well for days in an air tight container. Everyone loves it and its a great addition to the families lunchboxes. If your not a fan of lemons try substituting a small orange for the lemon and it works just as beautifully :)


I think its a cake that you will love and cook as often as I do, especially when you feel like something delicious but not sickly sweet.
To download the recipe for the Lemon and Chia Seed Cake, just click on the link or right click on the photo below and save it to your computer.



Happy baking :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊