Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 49

This weeks lovely block is Candleglow. This block really connects us with the inspiring women of yesteryear. After sunset, the homesteads would be lit with candle light and the glow from an open fire. It would be a warm welcome to the men returning from work and it provided light for night time activities, such as reading and sewing. Such a cosy and inviting ambiance, yet hard on the eyesight, I imagine.
Nowadays, lighting candles is more for relaxation than necessity. There's a sense of peace found in a room glowing in candlelight and I hope this block has the same effect in our quilts.
To download this weeks free pattern, just visit HERE.
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊