Fruit Cake Muffins

When people think of my Pop, they probably remember two things; his beautiful garden and his fruit cake. Of course, there was so much more to this wonderful man, but I can't recall a time when there wasn't a plate of moist fruit cake sitting in the middle of his kitchen table.
After he passed, I began cooking fruit cakes every Christmas, as it made me feel connected to him. I've used various recipes over the years, but Pops recipes always give the best results and I've adapted one of them for these delicious, Fruit Cake Muffins:


Pop cooked fruit cakes, all year round; there was no waiting until Christmas. In his later years, he would order cakes from a small country bakery about 90 minutes away from home (it was well worth the drive, I assure you). If visitors commented on how nice the cake was, they went home with one from his pantry and if he went visiting, he always brought a plate of fruit cake to share and a cake for them to store in their cupboard.


These muffins are quick and easy to make and everything is prepared in one saucepan so the clean up is minimal. They are perfect if you don't have the time to bake a traditional Christmas Cake or if you feel like fruit cake, at anytime during the year, without soaking fruit and waiting hours for a cake to slow cook.


They are super moist and full of the traditional, delicious flavours. You can adapt them to suit your own tastes, by adding nuts or glace fruits etc. but I have kept them close to Pops original recipe and we love them just as they are.


If you have the time, you could decorate them with ready rolled icing or a lovely sugar glaze but I think a generous sprinkling of icing sugar is just enough. I cooked these using muffin wrappers but pretty cupcake liners work just as well.
Make a batch for your Christmas table or make them to give as gifts, to family and friends:

To download the recipe for my Fruit Cake Muffins, just click on the link or right click on the photo below and save to your files for later.



I have already baked this years traditional Christmas Cake, using Pops recipe and I cant wait to cut into this, during December:


Perfection ♥♥♥  It looks and smells amazing, I'm sure my Pop would be proud. :) Only one thing would make it even better: that he was here to share it ♥
Happy baking :)

1 comment

  1. Christmas muffins are delish, everyone loves them, need to make more, very easy

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊