So Pretty Christmas Star

There are so many lovely free Christmas patterns available, from wonderful, generous designers. I found one the other day, that I thought I would share with you, in case your looking for something sweet to make as a gift or to make for yourself:
This is the "So Pretty Christmas Star" by Traceyjay Quilts and you can download the free paper pieced pattern  HERE, in her Craftsy shop. It goes together quite quickly and easily and its a great little weekend project.
I used Moda's 3 Sisters Printemps fabric again, because I just love these fabrics for Christmas projects. I did reduce the pattern as I wanted to use my Jelly Roll Strips and I also wanted a little mat to sit my Christmas candles on, so my quilt finishes at around 12", instead of 15".
If your a paper piecing fan like me then you are going to love this pattern but even if your new to PP, its quite easy to put together. Despite my efforts to keep everything flat, with all those intersecting seams, I still managed to have a little "bump" in the centre, but its all good, the candles will hide it :)
I quilted mine with a little free motion loopy pattern and I was quite happy with how it turned out. I'm looking forward to decorating the house this Christmas and using my new little quilt, to showcase our Christmas candle collection.
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊