Chatelaine- Free BOW Sampler Quilt Block 62

This weeks super sweet block is Lost Ships. This is a quick and easy block to piece, using lots of pretty HST's. I decided to keep the palette quite soft for my block and I think it looks lovely.
The Lost Ships block has been used in quilts since the 1870's and you can see the dark ships quite well, but if you look closely you can also see a white "ghost" ship; more would be more prominent if you used this block as an all over pattern.
Have a play around with colour placement on this one. You can be deliberate in your choices, as I have or try a more scrappy look which also works well with this block.
To download and print this weeks free pattern, just visit HERE.
I hope you enjoy sewing this one, its one of my favorites.
Happy sewing :)

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊