Playground

I'm working on a few big projects at the moment and one of them is a gorgeous quilt for one of our Australian magazines. I can't share any of it with you until its published but I really wanted to show you the fabrics I've chosen, to bring this new design to life. You may have seen them already but if not, here's the beautiful Playground fabrics by Amy Sinibaldi for Art Gallery Fabrics:
For this quilt, the design came first and then I was on the hunt for the right fabrics. As I soon as I saw these, I knew they would perfect for my quilt. The range is gorgeous and I'm in love with the dainty floral designs and the beautiful colour palette.
From sandboxes and tyre swings, to hopscotch and Ring O' Rose's, the Playground fabrics depict the simplicity and beauty of childhood. I love the plum and blue He Loves Me prints and these will feature a lot, throughout my quilt.
The lighter fabrics are super sweet and will add some lovely contrast to the design, plus a couple of them are perfect for a little fussy cutting.
I love them all but I think this Jumpsie Daisy one is my absolute favorite:
There's a lot of work in this new design, some of it quite complex but seeing it slowly coming together and how beautiful it's becoming, keeps spurring me on :)
Happy sewing :)

2 comments

  1. They are very pretty fabrics. I love eggplant color. Thank you for showing them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabrics, cant wait to see what you make, I'm not known for my patience, but your projects are always worth waiting for. Take care, Guida.

    ReplyDelete

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊