Week Ending (May 13)


Happy Sunday and Happy Mother's Day to all the mum's, grandmas and mum's to be out there. I hope today is a chance to create more wonderful memories with those most precious to you ♥
Today's links are all fun and inspiring, so lets see what made my Week Ending list this week:

  • We love to look at it, touch it, buy it, cut it up into a million pieces and sew it all back together but have you ever wondered how fabric is printed? The process is complex and you can watch all of the steps in a guided tour of a fabric printing factory right HERE. It makes you truly appreciate the cost of quilting fabrics.
  • I love pretty crochet coasters and this Spring Bloom Coaster pattern popped up in my news feed the other day. They are sweet, simple and a quick five round pattern. You can make your own using the free pattern HERE.
  • Do you love rhubarb? My nan would cook it for us all the time straight from pops garden. I found a lovely Rhubarb and Coconut Slice which I'm dying to try and you can find the recipe HERE.
  • Applique adds beautiful elements to our quilts but fusible web creates a lot of stiffness to the finished piece. Judi Madsen has a very clever tip to help reduce the stiffness of applique which would be perfect for large pieces or for when you're layering pieces. Watch her tip HERE
  • We're being told to add more turmeric to our dishes because of its health benefits and these Turmeric Pancakes sound like a great way to start the day. You can find the recipe HERE.
  • A sewing machine mat looks pretty and is ideal for storage but it also helps prevent your machine from moving while you sew. I found a super cute free pattern on the Bernina site HERE which looks perfect for bigger machines like mine.
  • And lastly something a little different. When I was growing up, my mum was a big fan of Helen Steiner Rice poems and she had several of her books on the coffee table. They were not only gorgeous to look at but beautiful to read. I was looking for a poem to write in mum's Mother's Day card and this one HERE says it all I think. 
And that's it for another week. I hope you have a special day and you're able to spend lots of time with those you love..... because that's what life is all about :)  
Happy Mother's Day ♥

No comments

I hope you enjoyed your visit to my blog. I love hearing from you so thank you for taking the time to leave me a message. 😊